Monday, September 23, 2013

Back in the Badlands




The last time I visited Drumheller, AB and the surrounding region I was about 9 years old. 18 years later and it all seemed new again. This time I was able to wear my 18-year-old dinosaur t-shirt from the Royal Tyrell Museum (which didn't leave my body the entire weekend) and managed to purchase its sequel (this time with a glow-in-the-dark velociraptor). The dinosaur museum was an obvious highlight, perhaps bolstered by my relatively new appreciation for Alberta's history (the first dinosaur bone was discovered by Joseph Tyrell back in 1884). But it was exploring the rugged geography of the badlands that made the trip really exceptional. A lot of the tunes you'll hear on this episode of Dyck's Pycks come from our trip down south. I was joined in the studio by Cynthia Spring, who you'll see roaming the range in the photo above.

Dyck's Pycks is back for the foreseeable future, every Monday from 10-11. I hope you'll tune in.



"In kind" - Braids
"Badlands" - Bruce Springsteen
"Smoke in the Water" - Rae Spoon
"Tiger Tank" - Speedy Ortiz
"Low F" - Superchunk
"It all feels right" - Washed Out
"Wave forms" - Islands
"Don't remind me" - Jay Arner
"Man" - Neko Case
"Adventure in the heart" - Shotgun Jimmie
"Tear it up" - The Backhomes
"The current" - The Dodos
"As I am in Tim Hortons, I realize that I hate Tim Hortons" - B.A. Johnston
"Doin' it right" - Daft Punk

1 comment: