Saturday, October 5, 2013

Let's relive some FunDrive glory


We survived another FunDrive. Below, you can listen to my first outing as a DJ during CJSR's annual week of fundraising (in years past, I've helped out in other ways). As for music, I decided to stick with some old standbys -- the Constantines, the Replacements, Women, the Pumpkins, etc. -- and showcase some of the best local artists I've discovered since moving to Edmonton. You'll hear a LOT of talking. More specifically, you'll hear a lot of talking about CJSR. At times, it gets pretty awkward, but hey, that's what college radio is for!

Special thanks are in order, especially to my folks, who donated a whopping $120 to the station, and to all the others who called in to support Edmonton's community campus radio station for another year.



"Little Instrument" - The Constantines
"Left of the Dial" - The Replacements
"Eyesore" - Women
"Slowly Soaking Up Some Rays on a Sofa" - Brazilian Money
"Billy and I" - Travis Bretzer
"Hummer" - Smashing Pumpkins
"Everything Flows" - Teenage Fanclub

Background music: Tomorrow's Harvest - Boards of Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment